Prayer, A Personal Observation!




If you follow my blog or YouTube channel it's obvious work has been inconsistent to say the least over the past several months. A lot has gone down in my personal life... new observations, new lessons lead to new levels of responsibility. Life has squeezed my wife and I with volcanic pressure for some time now. We're on our way to diamond strength.


I've backed myself into a corner so to speak. Hearing the Word but half studying and limited, I dare say half hearted prayers yet again leading to continued stop & go spiritual and personal growth. With all the busy work going on, I can't remember the last time I sincerely "cried out to the Lord". Too many 'off center' decisions and far too many instances where I should have stepped up....but didn't.

I know what's missing. What's Up With My Prayer Life?



 OK, Let's Fix This


Let's Cut To The Chase. The bottom line requirement is to:

▪Fear God & Obey His Commandments. (Ecclisiastes 12:13)

OK, how do you do that?

▪Be filled with the Spirit. (Ephesians 5:18)

Yea, but how do you do that?

▪Pray without ceasing...(1Thessalonians 5:17)
▪This book of the law shall not depart out of your mouth; but you shall meditate therein day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then you shall make your way prosperous, and then you shall have good success. (Joshua 1:8)


FOLLOW THROUGH:


Although Im sure he struggled just like everyone else, the Bible says Daniel prayed 3 times a day all of his life....consistently. I've set the alarm on my Samsung twice daily that says "Talk To God". Then there are the random conversations throughout the day including waking up at all hours of the night. Admittedly I won't always stop what I'm doing however;  quantity of conversation has increased dramatically. Now time to work on the quality, meaning the sincerity the focus and range.**


There are also 2 apps on my phone used specifically for regular daily devotion to scripture. Again, I may not hit it every day as intended but the consistency is there. Now, let's increase the depth of study.

After 45 days I can already see a marked difference on how I view the world and life's obstacles...smarter....calmer....with more compassion. We are not promised a change in circumstances but rather a changed heart.


**('range' about who or what is the prayer for)


Bruce (Odd) Collard 〰


#youngcubiclesoldier

You can be You, reach your Dreams serve God & still Enjoy Life



Now It's My Turn | Rise Above the Ordinary:

Although written for young adults or teens who due to circumstances beyond their control were without emotional or financial support ANYONE CAN MAKE USE OF THESE PRINCIPLES.

DOWNLOADS -

Amazon US -  http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00I8PN4ZC

Amazon Canada - http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00I8PN4ZC?*Version*=1&*entries*=0


Amazon UK - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00I8PN4ZC?*Version*=1&*entries*=0

Amazon Australia - http://www.amazon.com.au/gp/product/B00I8PN4ZC?*Version*=1&*entries*=0

Amazon India - http://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B00I8PN4ZC?*Version*=1&*entries*=0


Check out OddCollard:

(@PBpcollard)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

As the World Changes I Remain Flexible

The Good Doctor Pt-2

A Day in the Life of an Event Staff Employee or, What Ever Happened to the Other Guys?